(français en bas de page)
The UNOG Staff Coordinating Council is the union for all UN Secretariat staff in Geneva. It represents you before management in Geneva and New York in all areas related to your conditions of service and welfare. We need your support to continue fighting for your rights.
At a time of pay cuts, austerity and budget uncertainty, we need to fight together for our rights.
By contributing only CHF 10 per month via payroll you will help make it possible for your elected staff representatives to carry out their duties, engage lawyers to fight on our behalf, and fund staff initiatives.
What does your contribution help us do?
- Work to promote your welfare and rights.
- Represent you on a range of issues to management in Geneva and New York, as well as management of individual departments.
- Keep you informed of developments that affect you.
- Ensure your interests are reflected in policies and conditions of service.
- Provide advice and legal assistance to victims of harassment and unjust decisions.
- Participate in the bodies that review the correctness of selection decisions, as well as the ePas rebuttal, special post adjustment and related committees.
- Represent your interests in the mutual health insurance, the MEC savings and loans mutual, and catering services.
- Contribute to the staff benevolent fund.
- Oversee and support all staff bodies such as the clubs and societies, SAFI, the UN Today magazine, and the UN Port.
What benefits can you get from your contribution?
- Free meal and drink at the staff party.
- Free participation of your children at the children’s party.
- Free publication of adverts.
- Additional days of 13% discount at SAFI.
- Subsidy for participating in the Inter-Agency Games.
- Personalised assistance and representation.
- Discounts with commercial partners, including car rentals, local shops and gyms, and petrol stations.
- More info here.